Just in time for our final chicken harvest of the season, we’d like to offer you another recipe. But first, take note: October 22nd, 29th and November 5th and 12th are all broiler harvest days. If you’d like to order a broiler, please contact Mandy at the Farm Stand for more information at email@example.com.
And now,without further ado, we are pleased to present to you:
Bella’s Chicken Tenders
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp pimenton (or smoked paprika)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Lum Farm Broiler Chicken, deboned and cut into 2/3″ thick slices
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread panko on a baking tray, spray with oil (spray vertically to avoid blowing the panko off the tray), then bake for 5 minutes until light golden. Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Place a rack on a baking tray.
- Place the batter ingredients (egg – black pepper) in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the chicken into the batter and toss to coat.
- Pick up chicken, one piece at a time, with tongs and place it into the panko bowl.
- Sprinkle surface with breadcrumbs, then press down to adhere. Transfer onto baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray lightly with oil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, with sauce of choice. (e.g., Honey mustard, BBQ mayo, Sriracha mayo)
Bella is a 7th grader at The Evergreen School and an inspiration in the kitchen. We send Bella and her family lots of gratitude for the ways in which they are a part of our farm and foodie family, and look forward to sharing with you Bella’s dad’s recipe for Goat Shank Tagine (soon)!